Tuesday MP3 action

I was stoked that one of my favorite music news and MP3 sites, Kingblind, had a link to my site recently.

I highly recommend Kingblind because they always have music news first and often have good MP3 recommendations.

And now, here are some MP3 recommendations of my own:

A Girl Called Eddy
A Girl Called Eddy's style is in the vein of Aimee Mann and other sophisticated female singers such as Tracey Thorn and Beth Orton.

Grandiose and baroque pop that will appeal to hip chicks and their nerdy boyfriends. Her self-titled album comes out later this year on Anti.

MP3: A Girl Called Eddy - "People Used To Dream About The Future"
MP3: A Girl Called Eddy - "Golden"

Clorox Girls
Clorox Girls' debut album clocks in under 18 minutes, but that's because the band knows less is more.

To-the-point, catchy punk ditties that have some of that late '70s mid-tempo punk action with the hooks of say ... the Buzzcocks or the Boys. Insanely good stuff. On Smart Guy Records.

MP3:Clorox Girls - "The One"
MP3:Clorox Girls - "Stuck in a Hole"
MP3:Clorox Girls - "Vietnam"

2 comments:

Michael said...

I just checked out your A Girl Called Eddy mp3's..also linked to your site at my blog. I've been quite entranced ever since seeing her CD cover. The music is awesome. I'm gonna have to run out and but it.

Michael said...

umm, I mean "buy" it.