McG's massive media consumption

I finished Monte Melnick's book, On the Road With the Ramones and thought it was great.

Monte was the Ramones tour manager throughout their entire career and sheds some insight on the interpersonal relationships (or lack thereof) between the Ramones.

Lots of good stories about life on the road, aiming for commerical success, Johnny's disciplinary attitudes versus Dee Dee's wild partying and more. A must-read for any Ramones fan.

I made it through the end of season two of Dead Like Me, which is my new favorite TV show.

It's so damn good, that I'm thinking of picking up the Dead Like Me season one DVD and enjoy it all over again.

Speaking of TV shows, I've watched most of the Greg the Bunny DVD.

While it's not rip-roaring funny, there are some good moments for sure.

I can see why this show failed on Fox. It's a show that would be more at home alongside some late-night, way-out programming on Adult Swim (although it's not a cartoon) or Comedy Central.

Dawn of the Dead exceeded my expectations.

It has everything I love in a zombie movie and things I didn't even know I loved, including a one-armed Asian zombie who can run about 35 mph, gratuitous scenes of cars and buses running over zombies and about 1,000 exploding zombie heads.

Hard to believe that the star of this film, Sarah Polley, is the same Sarah Polley who starred in the incredibly sad, but amazing film, My Life Without Me.

I watched Suspicious River the other night and have to agree that the film is disturbing. Had I known it was a grim tale of prostitution and rape, I might have skipped this.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent film, but it's not a pick-me-up by any means. If you're looking for a film that will make you feel that your life isn't that bad, this is your movie.

0 comments: