Going Underground book

I'm reading George Hurchalla's book, "Going Underground" right now.

It's a really good account of the American punk underground with quotes from old fanzine interviews as well as some first person recounting by the author.

The fact that Hurchalla documents a lot of the Philly punk scene (he grew up on the east coast) resonates with me since I turned onto a lot of the same bands and shows he discusses (e.g., McRad, Electric Love Muffin, Fugazi playing in the parking garage at Drexel).

Anyway, it's a good read and a nice companion to "American Hardcore."

I have a crapload of other stuff I want to read. It takes me a long time to read a book because my attention span for reading books is so poor.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting when I searching blogs and see your site.
Roy