Reading frenzy

I'm trying to get up the manpower required to get through all of the books and zines I've picked up in the last month.

I was stoked to see that Jonathan Ames has a new collection of short stories out called "I Love You More Than You Know."

I'm reading Harmon Leon's foray into the world of politics called "Republican Like Me." It's not as funny as "The Harmon Chronicles." This book is startling and downright depressing because of how f'd up and divided this country is on a cultural and spiritual level.

I plan on taking a break from the reading and catching a screening of The Untold Story of Emmett Louis Till. I saw the trailer for it last week and it looks compelling.

Still, I need to focus more on my reading and learn how to relax and get through a book without getting distracted by the computer or the urge to listen to music every 10 minutes. That's a tall order for someone like me.

0 comments: