What ever happened to Zen Guerrilla?

Steve, an old school Delaware dude who used to work at Wonderland Records, e-mailed me the other day asking what ever happened with Zen Guerrilla?

The band's last album was their 2001 Sub Pop release "Shadows on the Sun." They toured quite a bit for this album, as they always did.

They made a recording of their final U.S. show, at CBGB. I heard rumors of a limited edition release of this show, but I don't think that ever materialized.

ZG did one more show which was in Spain, where the band had drawn quite a following, and they reportedly played to a huge crowd over there.

Their breakup was totally low key and there was never an official announcement that ZG was done.

Since their breakup, here's what I heard everyone is up to.

Last I heard, Carl did a tour with the Supersuckers. Marcus seemed to just vanish. Rich got married to Jamie and they now have two kids.

Andy has done several one-off shows with his brother Al and Van Stone. He also did a tour with Hater, which is Ben Sheppard's band (ex-Soundgarden). Not sure if they will record any new material with this lineup.

Andy's old band from the late '80s/early '90s with his brother Al, High Karate, did a one-off show in San Francisco earlier this year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I've been wondering for so long what the hell happened to them. That's a real disappointment, I saw them live once at the troubadour in LA a few years ago and ever since that incredible show there's been a deep ZG itch in my soul that I now won't be able to scratch.