McG talks Michael Richards racism on The Big Talker 10 p.m. tonight

MEDIA ALERT: I'll be on The Big Talker 1210 AM tonight at 10:00 p.m., discussing the Michael Richards racism controversy with Dom Giordano.


Dom called me after reading my article, "Defending Michael Richards (a.k.a. Kramer)."


If you're not in the Philly market, you can listen online.


I hope Dom lets some callers get in on the segment and mix it up with me.


Here are the call-in phone numbers:

Philadelphia: (215) 839-1210
Suburbs: (610) 664-1210
New Jersey: (856) 541-1210
Cellular: #1210

4 comments:

martin said...

"I hope Dom lets some callers get in on the segment and mix it up with me."

no doubt - the only explanation for such muck-raking.

i haven't seen someone exploiting a negative so much since don rumsfeld was in his prime.

to wit:

"To brand Richards a racist based on this clip or the chatter flying around on the Internet and cable news channels would be stupid, naive and uninformed."

and to defend him based on the same would be even dumber. congrats.

Unknown said...

I'm not defending what he said. What I am saying is that taken out of context, it's hard to know what provoked Richards (i.e., did the heckler hurl the racist insults first?!) or what the situation was like in that room.

Man, this is causing more tension in the community than the O.J. verdict!

Anonymous said...

I'm not defending what he said.

Which is clear from the title of your piece: "Withholding Judgment on Michael Richards."

Oh wait.

martin said...

"What I am saying is that taken out of context, it's hard to know what provoked Richards"

into calling an audience member "nigger" several times?


a clue, bud - doesn't matter what provoked him. the fact that he reacted to a heckler isn't what's causing "tension in the community."