McG's MP3 recommendations

Some crazy Russian pinheads have the Ramones' first album which you can download for free here.

I really liked Neal Casal's "St. Cloud" which you can grab over at
Fargo Records along with tracks by several other artists.

Tychonaut has some great songs on their site including "Half Mast" from their album, "This Is." Tychonaut official site.

Register over at the Stern Fan Network and go into their file sharing section. You can find some cool stuff there including the new Eminem single and a cut from the new U2 album.

McG's obligatory MP3 commentary

I've noticed that U.K. and European bands often only post snippets of songs in MP3 instead of full songs.

I can sympathize with the "giving-it-away-for-free" argument, but bands have to realize that free MP3s has pretty much replaced the days of singles and getting your record played on the radio.

Another John Peel ass kiss

I listened to John Peel's show from this past Thursday and loved it. The Delgados were in session and Peel played a ton of cool stuff. Can I just say I love listening to this friggin radio show.

Peel says he's working on an auto-biography. That will be a must-read.

And by the way, the new Delgados album, "Universal Audio," is awesome.

Cheesey movie update

I rented "Mean Girls" today and can't wait to check it out.

Kelly was with me and she asked the video chick if any copies had been returned and one had just come back.

I would have really been embarassed to ask for that one myself.

0 comments: