So much for the vacation

I hadn't had a vacation in over two and a half years and was looking forward to some time off.

Well, Hurricane Frances put the big kibosh on the entire vacation. Instead of flying down to Florida for some R&R and attending a wedding, I watched reports of impending disaster on Fox News.

I did get to see some good movies (Garden State, The Girl Next Door) and have lunch at Angelo's Luncheonette, which is my all-time fave place to eat here in Wilmington. I went to a couple of parks and walked with my girlfriend and my dog.

Still, I can't help but feel a little cheated out of an actual vacation.

Yesterday afternoon I got sick with some stomach bug and laid in bed all day yesterday and most of today.

I am off until Thursday. Hopefully I'll feel better and can do something productive.

I may work on a new column for work this week. I haven't written one in almost six weeks. I was really busy with two work projects, one was creating rss feeds and the other was building a must-have music guide.

I got my new computer, but it hasn't been steady sailing. Right out of the box the thing didn't work properly, and I ended up reinstalling Windows XP. The mouse didn't work and the CD burner on the machine is acting suspect.

Ya know, sometimes you just wish things would go the way they're supposed to.

0 comments: