McG's friday follies

Exodus rocks my worldI cranked the new Exodus album, "Tempo of the Damned," on the way into work at 3:15 a.m. That kept me awake as did Bad Religion's "Suffer," once I got into work.

Now I'm rocking out to the Riverboat Gamblers' "Something to Crow About," which is a great record.

Henry Rollins' 2.13.61 label has released the 1979 compilation, "30 seconds over D.C." which I ordered this morning, along with the Muffs' new CD, "Really Really Happy."

Here's an update on what happened to bugmenot.com.

eBay search results via RSS is an awesome idea.

I bet these guys do all the work and then eBay comes and buys them out. eBay should already have this function on their site.

Explosive diarrhea incident at Old Navy (with pictures)

I almost had the same thing happen to me, except

-I don't have Crohn's Disease
-I wasn't at Old Navy
-fortunately, I made it to the bathroom in time

Cowtown easily has the most disgusting public bathroom on the planet I've ever used.

If you're lucky, you'll only have to go number one. They have one of those old-style urinals which looks much like a tub that you just stand in front next to some hillbilly and do your thing.

The only other place I've seen one of these is Rex's in West Chester, PA.

If you're at Cowtown and need to do number two, good luck. There's always at least one cockroach or big crawling bug roaming around on the floor and trying to crawl up your leg.

Funny update from Mister Pants.
This site is updated too infrequently.

'Wack the Iraq' boardwalk arcade criticized as tasteless, anti-Arab

A live-target paintball game in which patrons take aim at runners dressed as Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden has drawn fire from critics who say the game is tasteless and can only encourage violence against Arabs. (...more)

Ironically, war is still considered tasteful along Americans.

Marked Men & Riverboat Gamblers side project launches, MP3 demo available

The Marked Men are on hiatus as one of the members is going to school in Japan.

A new side-project called The High Tension Wires features members of The Marked Men, Reds, and Riverboat Gamblers. They'll have an album coming out on Dirtnap Records in Feb 2005. In the meantime, here's the first song off their demo.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I remember that 30 Seconds Over DC compilation. I bought it at the East Brunswick, NJ Harmony Hut (record chain long since consolidated and acquired into oblivion)...I think it was in the cutout bin. I must have been 14 at the time. It had a plain white sleeve and loose sheets of paper for the front & back covers. I remember being totally confused by the music - I couldn't figure out whether or not it was actually "good." But I did like the Half Japanese and Nurses tracks immediately. I haven't listened to it in years...I imagine it sounds dated, but in an interesting way.