Still tied up

Well, I was supposed to have some free time to myself today and tomorrow, but as I suspected, something came up at the last minute.

I wanted to do some reading, work on a mix CD, download some new music and catch up on my backlog of tapes of Howard Stern. All that has to wait.

I do have access to a computer which is nice, but I'm kind of burnt out on all the sites I usually read.

I saw a camel cry yesterday

I saw the film, "The Story of the Weeping Camel," yesterday which was a cool documentary about a family in Mongolia and how they deal with a mother camel who shuns her newborn colt.

It was really an interesting film, with minimal dialog. Just images of the Mongolian desert, lots and lots of camels and sheep and little pockets of families living out a daily existence with only the bare essentials.

Razorcake rocks!

I got the first issue of my subscription to Razorcake Magazine. I am so stoked. It really is a great zine and fills the gap left by Flipside and does the punk rock magazine thing better than Punk Planet could ever manage.

Must have music coming soon

I'm finishing a project for work called, "Must Have Music," in which I reviewed the ten must have CDs in ten genres including hip-hop and country to punk and soundtracks. Writing 100 record reviews was a lot more demanding than I thought and editing them has proved to be a challenge.

I have six more reviews to write, do some additional editing, then track down all the images. I'll be building it starting this week and should have it online at the beginning of next month.

I haven't felt too inspired to write any new record reviews for my column, but then again, I haven't had much time at all to do so. Maybe I'll try working on it tomorrow?

New PC is on the way

I'm going to be getting my new computer soon! I am psyched on that.

Which reminds me, I couldn't believe how many of you were mortally offended by my suggestion that you consider donating a buck to help me buy a new computer.

While a few of you realized what I was trying to accomplish and chipped in, a lot of you said I was simply begging and panhandling. I got some responses where people were incredibly offended. You would think I had uttered some racist slander or some other grievous offense.

You know, I donate money frequently. Whether it's laying down a nice tip for the friendly waitresses at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Tijuana Taco Shop, or chipping in a dollar or two to help greyhound rescues, help fund presidential campaigns or keep my favorite sites online.

What's a buck or two these days anyway? Not much at all.

0 comments: