Freakin' Friday

Man, I'm so glad I'm on a regular Monday through Friday schedule. Now I can actually feel a sense of relief once the weekend rolls around, instead of having to roll out of bed at 3:00 a.m. on the weekends.

I'm listening to Turing Machine's new album, "Zwei." I thought these guys had broken up for good, but they're back with a solid second album.

Jerry Fuchs' drumming isn't quite as Billy Cobham-esque, yet it still commands a solid, driving presence. Scott DeSimon's bass downstrokes sound more powerful on this release and Justin Chearno's guitar work has some nice spacey atmospherics attached to it.

I'm reading Derrick Jensen's "The Culture of Make Believe." When I initially skimmed through it, it seemed like heavy reading, but I'm about 50 pages in and really am digging it.

I have Naomi Klein's "No Logo" lined up to read next. Throw in a couple of recent issues of Razorcake and I've got enough stuff to last me through the end of the year.

Kelly and I got a new puppy. I re-charged the batteries for my camera, so hopefully I can take some pictures of her this weekend. Her name is Kitty and she's a little Yorkie Poo. Cool dog.

We have a bunch of toys, dog and cat food and supplies to drop off at the Delaware Humane Association this weekend.

Even though we finally got a third dog, I still want to see the dogs in there and say hello. Just a visit cheers some of those dogs up. It's sad to see how many of them there are, just waiting for someone to adopt them.

0 comments: