Hooray for Sirius

Well, Kelly hooked me up with a really cool Xmas gift: a Sirius radio receiver and car kit!

I ended up getting a home kit for it as well and have been enjoying it since yesterday.

Overall, it's a really cool product, especially for someone like me who listens to radio all day (two hours per day commuting, plus hours on end at work.) And with Howard Stern joining in 2006, it's a no brainer that I'd like Sirius.

I had listened to Little Steven's Underground Garage syndicated radio show before, and his channel, also named Underground Garage is pretty awesome, and the Sirius Disorder and Left of Center channels will probably be my favorites.

I see and hear a lot of potential in Sirius' future; on-demand programming, a return to a more free-form style of radio and bypassing of a lot of the bs that corporate radio has created.

0 comments: