Hello vacation

I'll be on vacation for a few days. Much needed, as I've been having my annual bout with sinusitus and infection.

I'm taking a new antibiotic called Ketek.

I went to the website to find out more about the drug and I couldn't get past the flash intro with an owl that hoots and swooshes away. What that has to do with fighting bacterial infections in my sinuses is beyond me.

Lou Barlow has a new album that comes out next month called, "Emoh." You can read an interesting interview/profile on Lou that Josh Modell did in Magnet.

Merge Records is putting out Lou's new record. Then they have the 1st three Dinosaur Jr. albums lined up for reissue in March 2005. I just sold my original SST CD of "Yr. Living All Over Me" on amazon.com for $25.

Elliottsmith.com has some great looking and sounding video from May 2000 at Irving Plaza, NYC. Also check out somesongs.net which has loads of live shows by Elliott.

It seems that the MPAA did what the RIAA couldn't quite muster - knock several major sites for downloading offline. Several bit torrent sites pulled the plug on themselves this week, including Suprnova.

Fret not, the folks behind Suprnova are apparently working on a new decentralized network based on the Bit Torrent principal called Exeem. I couldn't find too much about Exeem or whether it will put file sharers out of the reach of organizations looking to squash P2P.

In the meantime, there are always the newsgroups. With Grabit and Newzbin, one can essentially find anything they would want, although it might mean coughing up a little cash for usenet news server access via a place such as Giganews.

I can't figure out why it's so cold where I work. I was wearing a hat, sweatshirt and winter jacket and was still freezing. No wonder I'm sick. Seriously, this cold wave sucks out loud.

I got the new metered dose bottle of Sinus Buster. I'll have to update my testimonial, but I will say that this is their most effective delivery mechanism yet. I definitely felt the sting and bite of the pepper spray, but it also cleared me out for a few hours last night.

I took some pictures of Kitty, the puppy that Kelly and I got last week. I'll try to get those posted soon. She's a cool dog, even if she did go the bathroom all over the house yesterday.

0 comments: