Much to my surprise

On the front page of the official Grammy Awards sight, there's an article about John Peel!

The Influence Of DJ John Peel (grammy.com)

Does this mean there will be some sort of tribute to Peelie at this year's Grammys?

Listening to Don Caballero's "American Don" record right now. What an amazing album!

Let's hope there's a new Don Cab record out soon. I don't care what people say about Damon Che. He's an extraordinary drummer and musician who is long overdue for some serious respect.

I heard that the Speaking Canaries have been playing some live shows lately.

I really enjoyed the latest Cherry Blossom Clinic show on WFMU. Terre T had Martin Moscrop, of A Certain Ratio, as a guest. He talked a lot about the early Manchester days in the late '70s.

The Cherry Blossom Clinic with special guest Martin Moscrop, 12/4/2004

I'm an admittied total Johnny-come-lately to the whole BBC comedy The Office, but can I just say that it's fantastic.

Usually I'm not a fan of British films or comedies, but this one hits the mark and then some. While season one was good, it's season two that is just spot on.

Kelly had been wanting to watch the remake of The Stepford Wives and we both agreed. It is one of the crappiest movies released this year.

I really liked Young Adam with Tilda Swinton and Ewan McGregor. A good film about a ne'er-do-well drifter and how he f's up everyone's life he comes in contact with. Here's the U.S. Young Adam site.

I haven't been reading much but I think I want to read some stuff by Derrick Jensen and Naomi Klein's No Logo.

Right now, I've read the introduction to The Man Who Talks to Dogs.

Speaking of talking to dogs, Kelly and I went to the Delaware Humane Association last week to try an adopt a dog. The one we had our hearts set on was already adopted, but we did get a few of the dogs out of their cages and visited with them.

It's amazing how many pets are out there who are in need of a loving home. And it's downright disturbing how many of the pets in shelters have been neglected or even deliberately abused. Sometimes you have to wonder what the f is wrong with people.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dave,
i want to read no logo too.
have you seen the corporation?
meri