Delaware scene flashback: 1985

We had some great punk bands in Delaware back in the mid-'80s.

Bands such as Rude Awakening, High Karate, Your Worst Nightmare, The Stiffs, Infection, Mustard Trucks, Marcus Hook and so many more.

But there were also really cool people in the Delaware punk scene.

Here are two who you may remember, Becky and Lisa.

Becky writes me from time to time and says her and Lisa are still friends to this day. They both are living in Baltimore.

Becky and Lisa photo.

And Lisa's even the singer of a band called Secret Crush Society.

Very fucking cool if you ask me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, he made me a Minor Threat tee! With a stencil and a can of spray paint!

Come to the show Dave! No, seriously, just shut up and come down to the damn show already!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you should also know that Rick H. from YWN, The Stiffs, etc., is a Baltimore resident now, too. He recently put in an appearance at a Secret Crush Society show, where he reported that his current band, Tube Dutch, was wrapping up a recording project..

Perhaps there's a sort of a big (bitch) magnet pulling old school Delaware scenesters into Charm City?

Anonymous said...

"Oh no, Judge! I've eaten too many sweets!" - O'Brien
"Oh no, O'Brien! You've eaten too many sweets!" -Judge
"Caw Caw, Caw Caw, What's the time? I don't know! Do you?" - Mr. Crow

Anonymous said...

Delaware had punk bands in the 80s?

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to some great photos from the Delaware Punk scene of the late 80s - early 90s:

http://board.delawarehardcore.com/t.php?id=1081&r=79

Anonymous said...

Holy S.....Lisa and Becky....I haven't seen either of you in ages.

I was looking for the Del. punk message board site and stumbled across this.

This is reunion month for me. I fund this, the del message board, and ran into or got emails from 4 people I haven't seen in 10 years or more.

Hey, if anyone see's rick, tell him to call or email me. I don't have his new number...

Iron Mtn said...

I used to correspond with a guy in Rude Awakening back in 83. He sent me the demo and I listened to it for years until it disappeared one day. I have been looking for that demo for the last 10 years or so and I wish somebody would put it on youtube. If anyone out there has the demo, please contact me at rurp133ATgmail.com.