A massive swelling

I picked up Cintra Wilson's book, "A Massive Swelling," while I was on vacation.

Only read a few pages, but it seems like a scathing indicment of pop culture, something I can totally get behind.

I also picked up Jim Knipfel's "Quitting the Nairobi Trio," which seems like an interesting read - an unabashed account of Knipfel's time in a psych ward after a failed suicide attempt.

I've been getting into the Damned a lot lately.

I picked up, "Music For Pleasure," which was their 2nd album, which was pretty much panned upon initial release in 1979 and was a contributing factor towards the band's breakup.

While not as killer as "Damned Damned Damned" and not as diverse as the band's masterpiece, "Machine Gun Etiquette," the album has some killer cuts including the often comped track, "Problem Child."

MP3: The Damned - Problem Child

0 comments: