Saturday afternoon blah blah

Woke up this morning. Went to work and listened to some of Sound Opinions.

Then I left work and drove home. The commute is an hour each way. My CD player started skipping. Oh no. I listened to some of Anil Ki Awaaz's show on WPRB. Anil plays the latest Indian music, some of which is good stuff.

When I couldn't pick up WPRB anymore I switched over to WKDU and was stoked to hear some really cool punk and garage music. I even called the DJ to tell him he was doing a good job.

Came home and took a nap. I woke up about a half hour ago and saw that my order from Know Crap Mailorder arrived.

I'm listening to VEE DEE's album, "Furthur," on Criminal IQ Records. VEE DEE plays no-frills punk rock and roll and reminds me of the kind of punk Touch & Go used to put out. Here's an MP3 from the album:

MP3: VEE DEE - "Flashes of Her"

I also got a 7" by Suburban Reptiles who were one of New Zealand's very first punk bands.

Then I got a cool e-mail from my friend Mike Lenert who is an archaeologist or something like that. He digs up old fossils, inidian spearheads and fossilized dinosaur turds then writes reports about them and their historical significance.

At least that's what I think he does. I would get bored in a field in about 15 minutes. Digging for rocks and old artifacts seems like it would be boring. I guess that's why I'm a writer/editor, although that too is boring in its own way.

And that brings me up to right now. Not sure what I'll do the rest of the day. Hopefully go out to eat at Tijuana Taco Shop or India Palace.

0 comments: