Slept in until 3:30 a.m this morning

I usually have off on Mondays, but I had to come into work today. I get the next three days off though. On Thursday I'm going to Baltimore to shop for books at Atomic Books and records at Reptillian Records.

Have you seen Wildboyz featuring Steve O and Chris Pontius? It's like National Geographic for retards. Funny show.

I also watch The Abrams Report for my fill of pop culture court cases. Some of the people interviewed can be quite hilarious defending their frivolous lawsuits.

I always make a point to tune into Trauma: Life in the ER. They show some of the worst and nastiest emergency room injuries I've ever seen. Tonight's episode features an ER in Denver as they treat car wreck victims, gunshot wounds and snowboarding injuries. Radical.

The Philly "alternative" radio station, Y100, had a contest to find the hottest student. Here are pictures of the winners. Here are some of the losers.

The station even has a contest where you can win a date with two interns. They have some photos of the interns with captions such as "Tracey and Nicole crave hot man meat!" and "Their private parts are almost touching."

What a shocking and wacky radio station! Too bad they play shitty music.

A few weeks ago I found a copy of Flipper's Generic on CD at the Farmer's Market. Amazingly enough, yesterday I found it on LP! I had been looking for that record for a while.

Hands Across Your Face is a cool Ramones site I hadn't seen before. I would say that Jari-Pekka Laitio's Ramones site is probably the best Ramones fanpage out there.

I stopped reading Pitchfork and started reading Kingblind for my indie-rock news.

I hate Pitchfork. From their say-nothing snotty music reviews and overuse of the first-person to their hipper-than-thou attitude and medicore assessment of music and culture, Pitchfork stinks all the way round. Kingblind is much timelier, tighter and offers non-opinionated info on music and even guides you to MP3 downloads.

0 comments: