Mark Erdody in Bullpen Catcher

So, I was listening to the most recent Hip Transistor show, hosted by Mike Lupica.

He played a song by the band Black Helicopter, which features former members of Green Magnet School and Kudgel.

Just this weekend I was looking over some old cassettes and saw one by El Tiante.

That band that featured Mark Erdody of Kudgel and his future wife Kara. For a while I played drums in the band.

That was over 10 years ago and the last time I ever played drums, with the exception of a one-off gig with Lettuce Prey.

Anyway, I haven't spoken with Mark in a while, which is a shame. He's one of the coolest dudes I met through punk rock.

I put on two Kudgel shows in Delaware which were fun as hell. After one of the shows there was a huge blizzard and the entire band (along with the Cheater Slicks) were stuck in a house in Newark, DE for three days until the snow melted.

I was glad to see that he's got a new band called Bullpen Catcher.

I'm thinking of dropping him a line, but honestly I hate when people google me online, send me a "hey-how's-it-going?" e-mail out of the blue and then fall out of touch.

I think people fall out of touch for a reason, primarly because that is the nature of friendships. They come and go and forcing them is kind of lame. So hopefully we'll cross paths again. We'll see.

Maybe Mark will google me and send me a "hey-how's-it-going?" e-mail out of the blue, which in this case, wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

0 comments: