Waaaaaahh!

I'll be seeing a lot of bands over the next few weeks.

This week is the Clifford Brown Jazz Fest. I plan on seeing the Funky Meters and Hugh Masekela.

In fact, I'm going to be interviewing Hugh Masekela for work. I heard him interviewed once on Talk of the Nation and it was compelling radio for sure.

Then I'm going to see The Bellrays and Bloc Party who are opening up for the Pixies. That show is next week.

Then Federation X is playing later next week just a few blocks from my house. I'm so stoked to see them.

Also, I'm going to be checking out a show at the World Cafe Live and reviewing it from work. Not sure who the band will be, but I'm hoping to see either The Bad Plus, Emiliana Torrini or Eels.

Devo is playing this summer in Atlantic City at the House of Blues. I haven't decided if I'm going to go, but I really have been wanting to see Devo live for a while now.

Too bad my pal Taylor lives in France now, because I know if he was around, he'd go in a heartbeat.

I remember in college going over to Taylor's pad and saw a "New Traditionalists" poster hanging on the wall. I knew then he was a righteous dude.

One night, a bunch of girls literally drove their car through the front door of his apartment. Those were insane times.

0 comments: