1991: The Year the Cops Busted Sebadoh ...

One of the first shows I put on was in 1991 in Newark, DE. Sebadoh played a party at my friend Liz and Missy's house. Even though the band played an acoustic set, they played so damn loud that the cops came and busted up the party and gave Liz and Missy tickets for disturbing the peace.

Jason Loewenstein and Lou Barlow gave all the money we collected at the door back to the girls so they could pay the fines. They even stayed around for an extra day or two and answered everyone's dumb questions about Dinosaur Jr., told stories and jammed with me and my friends. I always thought they were some of the coolest and nicest people in a band that I ever met.

Here's a new interview with Lou in the Onion.

Here are some really nice words Lou wrote about Elliott Smith.