Super quick punk rock update

Man, I sure got busy all of a sudden. Let's see, I weeded some of the backyard, took the dogs to the dog park, went and saw the Riverboat Gamblers play and went shopping for some new work clothes.

I'm working on a new column right now with reviews of Ghetto Ways, Antietam and some other surprises. The main focus of the column isn't music however, it's about benefit for an ex-CDNOW employee, Gehrett that is happening this Saturday in Philadelphia. Please help Gehrett if you can.

I stopped by Bert's Compact Discs (Wilmington) today and Bert was showing me his collection of old school boxing photos and was teaching about all the old time boxers and how they used to have boxing matches in Wilmington. Pretty cool stuff.

I finally got Flipper's "Generic" on CD - at the New Castle Farmer's Market for $3.00. Not bad considering it's only available as a German import at the moment and runs about $25.00.

I'm working on a follow-up to my very own punk rock compilation, "Killed By McG." This second edition will dig deeper into the rare and obscure punk vaults. If you want a copy of the first edition, just send me an e-mail with your mailing address and I'll hook you up.

Finally, did anyone hear Rodney Dangerfield on Howard Stern the other day? Rodney is the man. I went to Border's today to pick up Rodney's new book and of course they didn't have it in their lame-ass corporate bullshit selection of books. Plenty of Dr. Phil and South Beach Diet books though. I'm glad they didn't have it. I'd rather buy it from an independent store anyway.

I saw a guy with a boycott Wal-Mart sticker today. Right on!

0 comments: