Read my new column, "Someone to Lean on"

As some of you know, I used to work at CDNOW in the late '90s and early 2000 before the Internet bubble burst. For three years I reviewed CDs, interviewed artists, reported on live shows and was fortunate to have a laid-back job with cool bosses. Perhaps the coolest thing about working at CDNOW was the sense of community among all the people who worked there. One of those cool people is Jen Oliver.

If you know Jen, you wouldn't be surprised to learn that she has organized a benefit to help another ex-CDNOW'er, Gehrett Ellis, and his mother who both are fighting serious illness.

The benefit for Gehrett takes place this Saturday May 29 in downtown Philadelphia at the Khyber Pass (...more)

"Top 5 American Idol Moments" article is a hit

I threw together an article "Top 5 American Idol moments," for my day job at phillyburbs.com on Wednesday.

Despite the fact that I've never seen the show, a lot of people told me I was right on with my choices of Clay Aiken and Justin Guarini.

I remain blissfully ignorant of the whole American Idol phenomenon.

0 comments: