Good dude, Three Stooges superfan passes away

I've had the same P.O. box at Rodney Square in Wilmington, Delaware for 12+ years.

One of the things I like about this particular post office are all the people who work there.

They're all very friendly and willing to put up with my incessant mailings and yellow slips indicating "parcel to large to fit in box."

Anyway, one of the good people who worked at the P.O., Dennis Badger, passed away over the weekend.

Dennis was always cool to me, and we'd often share stories about music, football and dealing with everyday life.

On Saturdays Dennis would bring in videotapes and play football games that he taped. He was also a huge Three Stooges fan and would play them as well.

It was always cool to go mail stuff on a Saturday and see Dennis in the post office and see Shemp, Larry and Moe carrying on in the background.

Dennis was a good dude to me and it was a sad day when I went to the post office and Miss Theresa told me he had died.

These Stooges clips are for you Dennis:

Wav: Curly: Woowoowoowoo
Wav: Curly: Tryin' to think, but nothin's happening

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Looks like he wasn't that old either. What happpened to him?

I have a similar situation with the post office, I'm there all the time and know all the clerks well. I was sad the day my favorite finally clerk retired, I even gave him a card with some cash in it!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened.

I've seen a lot of obits lately where men have been in their early 50s and passing away.

Guess there's no guarantee you're gonna make it into your late 70s or early 80s.

Then again, most people don't want to make it that far in life.

As Milo once said, "I Don't Want to Grow Up!"