Sitting round at home

Kind of a grey and rainy day here in Wilmington today.

Had a nice lunch with Kelly at Bertucci's.

We got seated in a booth next to some old bat who was talking WAY too loud, so we asked the waitress if we could move, claiming we wanted to watch a college football game on TV.

After that, everything was O.K.

I've been trying to listen to records and groups that I hadn't ever gotten around to listening to. Been digging Joy Division's "Unknown Pleasures" (36-year-old just now discovering his goth tendencies) and The Fall's "50,000 Fall Fans Can't be Wrong," which comps up a greatest-hits style overview of the band's output.

Listening to Dogs Die in Hot Cars right now. Why bands like this, Hot Hot Heat and Futureheads are rehashing what XTC did so perfectly 20 years ago is beyond me. It is making me wanna listen to "English Settlement" again though.

Really though the new Blues Explosion album, "Damage," was surprisingly good. Usually I don't care for their stuff, but this one was pretty swank I thought. Queued up for spins are Kings of Leon, Ed Harcourt, The Czars and Stina Nordenstam. I picked up the Starlight Desperation's "Violate a Sundae" a while ago and need to listen more.

I watched another episode of "Family Bonds." That is a pretty good show about the life of a bail bondsman and his wacky New York family. The main guy in it resembles Morton Downey Jr. but isn't as obnoxious. Actually seems like a good dude whose clients are total scum.

0 comments: