'Mean Girls' sucks out loud

Oh, so I promised I would tell you how that flick "Mean Girls" was. I think there was one laugh throughout the entire flick. Don't even waste your time.

As my grandfather once said, "I wouldn't walk across the street to see those bums," (referring to the Rolling Stones concert in Philadelphia in 1981.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I wouldn't walk across the street to rent this movie (but in fact, I regrettably did drive to the video store), even if Lindsay Lohan would personally check out my copy.

If you're looking for a dumb and mindless, yet funny teen flick, try "The Girl Next Door," which was retarded in all the right ways.

It gets my personal "Dude-who-is-35-but-still-watches-shitty-teen-movies seal of approval."

I really dug the flick "Open Water," which will be out on DVD soon and I had countless laugh-out-loud chuckles and snorts while watching, "Shaun of the Dead."

So, my new favorite TV show is "Dead Like Me." The pilot of that show is amazing and draws you in completely. Really well done stuff.

I still don't have Tivo (yet) and Comcast (sucks) still hasn't installed their DVR which they called me about two months ago and said it was available in my area.

I've been catching up on the TV phenomenon that is "Arrested Development." Like my pal Dave said, "Who knew Jason Bateman and Portia De Rossi could be so funny?"

Good question indeed. I was able to snag the entire first season online at a site like this.

Which brings me to a small rant.

Is downloading the TV show "Arrested Development" from the Internet wrong?

In my case, I would say no.

Simply because I already paid to have this content delivered into my home via cable.
True, I wasn't watching when it was broadcast nor did I tape it on my vcr for personal use. Instead I downloaded the shows which were already delivered into my house via a paid service. I just accessed them through a different medium.

Still OK?

Why not. I'm essentially using the Internet to download the shows as an alternative to the VCR in a way. It's as if a pal taped it for me and lent me his copy to watch.

If Tivo has told us anything, its that people want to watch TV on their own terms. And with the success of Comcast's On-Demand, people want the ability to watch shows when they want.

Like I said, I already paid for the content ... so what if I rely on the Internet instead of my VCR to watch a recorded copy of the show.

Low self-esteem kicks in ...

Blah. I know you don't care about any of this. That's fine.

I just like hearing my own voice shouting into the endless galaxy of blogs.

0 comments: