Registered to vote ... again

I went down to the Dept. of Elections to register to vote. Today is the deadline in Delaware.

I registered to vote by mail months ago, but never got any information back saying I was registered. That's usually an indication that you may not be registered.

You can't check online to confirm your voting registration status in Delaware.

I was surprised that when you register in person, that your information is taken down by hand and a form filled out for each voter.

You don't even get any paperwork that indicates you are registered. All I got was a sticker saying, "I registered to vote today."

Why isn't this stuff computerized and in a tamper-proof database?

You can file your State and Federal taxes online and even check your filing status online. The IRS is clearly up to speed with their technology.

Why can't Delaware and the other 49 states do a better job of managing and processing all voter registration information?!

0 comments: