Lame site linking

Man, I just found a site that I really like is linking to an MP3 I posted on my server (via delawarepunkarchives.com).

I have no problem with people linking to my content, but I do have a problem when people link to the content without giving proper credit or even allowing a way for people to visit my site.

I would prefer it if people linked to the original posting that has the MP3 links, instead of just linking to the MP3 itself.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that is common courtesy.

3 comments:

Sister Sunshine said...

I hate that too. It uses up your bandwidth... but your site doesn't get seen.
: (

Anonymous said...

Replace the song on your site with something really short and stupid for a few days. Like a fart noise, or a personal message.

Unknown said...

To their credit, the person who runs the site responded to an e-mail and is going to host the file on their server.

Just to clarify, I have no problem with people linking to content that I host.

I just would prefer that they link to the post with the content, not the content itself.

A bunch of people hammering away on an MP3 that I post without ever visiting my site doesn't really do me any good and just drives up my bandwidth.